Tuesday, August 14, 2007
episode: -> An Interesting Encounter On the MRT Train.. <-
This incident took place yesterday afternoon..I was on my way home with Runi, my Malay friend (who looks like a Chinese), on the MRT train, after attending two morning lectures.At the City Hall MRT station..An old man boarded the train.He quickly rushed over to Runi's side upon seeing empty seats (not surprising, since he is old).But he did not sit down immediately.Instead, he dumped his stuff on the seat.Standing in front of his seat, he stared hard at the ceiling of the train, scrutinising every inch of it (I did not realise the train ceiling was that fascinating).After checking thoroughly (that there was no bomb), he finally sat down with ease.Since Runi looks Chinese, he greeted her energetically (in English), "Good afternoon!"Runi and I were pleasantly surprised.Being polite, we smiled and greeted back.But he started talking in Chinese (with slight China accent) after that.And I became the translator for him and my friend.Let's see..He talked about great scientists (because we said we are studying Science) and their great inventions.He mentioned about Mister Sun Zhong Shan and his life stories (especially an incident when his students tried to murder him, but he stood firm on his ground).He elaborated on about Chinese ancient civilisations and public transportation (especially that of trading boats and ships, where he emphasised that they were all made of wood, and each could easily weigh up to at least a thousand tonnes).I was pretty amazed.And could only nod my head at his words, while secretly snapping pictures of this interesting "historian".As quickly as he appeared before us, he disappeared in a flash, as soon as he did a thumbs-up sign (I cannot quite remember why he did that gesture though).Apparently, he had wanted to take the train to Bugis.But we must have been such engaging audience that he enthusiastically chatted with us China history (must have been his favourite subject), and caused him to lose track of the stations.He got off at Lavender.Pretty amazing how much things he could talk about within the short period of time and distance between City Hall and Lavender MRT station.
The interesting old man.(He was interestingly dressed too.)~ Beautiful Season ~
.. and this is how the story ends ..
=*- 9:37 pm -*=
~ 地獄少女 <-> 地獄通信 ~
N =*- 地獄少女 -*= N