Sunday, August 26, 2007
episode: -> Pessimist or Optimist? <-
Some words can be just so hurting.
Especially if they are out of your (supposedly) close friends' mouths.
Senario OneYou are stunned.
Shocked.
Hurt.
You stared at your (supposedly) close friends in astonishment.
For a moment, your mind went blank.
How could they have been so insensitive to your feelings? :'(
Some things are best left unsaid, isn't it?
There is no such need to emphasise certain (hurtful) things out aloud pointedly.
What are your (supposedly) close friends trying to show exactly?
You are indeed more inferior than them?
So you deserved to be condemned?
Your confidence level dropped to the bottom of the pit.
You swallowed your tears back to where they belonged.
And kept quiet for the rest of the time spent with your (supposedly) close friends.
Senario TwoYou are stunned.
Shocked.
Hurt.
But you recovered quickly.
And laughed it all off.
They are your (supposedly) close friends!
They would never be so mean and nasty as to mean what they say!
You consoled yourself.
Yes yes, they must be joking.
Hahahahaha!
And accept their cruel words with a smile.
Your confidence level dropped a little.
But you kept your smile intact.
And try to squeeze their hurtful words into one secluded corner in your brain somewhere.
Too pessimistic or too optimistic?
Too pessimistic..
Your (supposedly) close friends will probably say, "Walau! It is only a joke la! Why take it so seriously! You are too sensitive le la. What we say is true anyway what. Humph."
Hurt somemore.
Too optimistic..
Your (supposedly) close friends will probably do it over and over again.
Sometimes even to the extent of going overboard.
"Haiya, fan zheng she also don't mind one ma. Never mind one la! ^^ It is fun!"
Exactly what kind of (supposedly) close friends do you have.
I am mostly senario two.
Is that why I always get teased and laughed at?
Like free?
* not referring to anybody in particular. *
Too many examples..
Am I supposed to be numbed or something after getting myself teased and laughed at countless number of times?
Most recent cases being..
1. My (supposedly) close friends actually introduced me as "a feather duster woman" to their friends.
All just because of a short video clip (shall not elaborate further. dumb video clip anyways. exactly what am i doing during my jc days!).
Even to the extent of showing their friends that stupid video clip.
Why must they always bring up my embarrassing moments?
Some thanx!
2. Just because I broke up with my ex.
My (supposedly) close friends actually went to the extent of saying that I shouldn't have a boyfriend next time.
Because I would not love him anyways.
Because I don't know what love is anyways.
Fine.
Fair enough.
I may not understand what love is for the first time.
But is it fair to say for the rest of my life?!
That is all but very sweet of you guys to say that.
I appreciate it very much.
And I can't believe I actually laughed it all off at that time!
Come to think of it.
It is HURTING alright!
Don't speak as though you know EVERYTHING.
~ Beautiful Season ~