Thursday, September 06, 2007
episode: -> Smart. <-
Very smart.
All along I have thought and believed that
streetwise (street smart) means knowing your directions around well, and also knowing how and when to dress appropriately.
My god.
And while all along I have believed this person (I also forgot who -_-") who so confidently told me this supposed meaning of
streetwise (street smart) when I came across the word and asked a few years back.
It turns out NOT.
The correct meaning to
streetwise (street smart) is actually (to my horror)..
"Having the shrewd awareness, experience, and resourcefulness needed for survival in a difficult, often dangerous urban environment."
As quoted straight from Dictionary.com.
My god! x_x
Thanks already huh, XXX person. -_-"
No wonders my vocabulary is forever so lousy.
many thanks to stephanie for spotting the error in usage of this word streetwise (street smart)..~ Beautiful Season ~
.. and this is how the story ends ..
=*- 4:13 pm -*=
~ 地獄少女 <-> 地獄通信 ~
N =*- 地獄少女 -*= N