Saturday, June 22, 2013
episode: -> An Overview of the Regional Haze Map. <-
The haze condition appears to be slightly improving yesterday evening.
Just before I left the office, I was actually elated to see a relatively "clear" (although still a bit faint) "Fusionopolis" building! :D
[Refer to previous post if you're wondering why.]
Upon reaching home, I opened the windows to air my home, which has grew extremely warm due to the stagnant air and lack of air circulation (my mummy even cooked dinner in this "still" air. -_-").
However, this moment of relief is short-lived.
At about slightly over 9pm at night, I could smell the smoky haze again.
All the windows were closed tightly again! :(
Woke up to a horrible burnt smell.
PSI level went up again overnight.
Sighs.
Life goes on..
I attended my usual dosage of Latin Technique classes - one in the early afternoon + one at night.
Surprisingly, the haze cleared again later in the afternoon! o.O
This moment of relief may again be short-lived.
It's not without its reasons.
Take a look at the wind directions..!
Looks like the haze is not going to be going away any time soon. :(
We're at the mercy of the moving air, otherwise known as wind, which is favouring Indonesia, due to its higher temperatures over the blazing forests (hot air rises, cold air sinks).
Why issit not blowing the opposite direction?
Sadly, I don't know. x_x
Now, take a look at the forecast for tomorrow's PSI level:
The PSI for the next 24 hours is expected to be in the Very Unhealthy range (201 - 300).
Here's why..
Source: NEA
I am nonetheless still very thankful to finally regain my sight of the clear blue skies. :)
However, do note that the PM2.5 Concentration readings remain high (>>>40µg/m3), please continue to wear take the necessary precautions and don your masks when outdoors.
~ Beautiful Season ~